Offer an unusual and unique solution with a harmonious symbiosis of infrastructure and wildlife.
Register: JUL/16/2021, Submit: AUG/09/2021, Eligibility: Architects, designers, students of specialized educational facilities; legal entities: design teams, architectural workshops, design bureaus; individually, (multidisciplinary) teams, Fee: Free, Awards: 1st Prize: 600,000 RUB (Russian ruble) (approx. 6,708 EUR), 2nd Prize: 300,000 RUB (approx. 3,354 EUR), 3rd Prize: 100,000 RUB (approx. 1,118 EUR)
Global environmental problems and deteriorating living conditions in big cities are forcing humanity to look for a more comfortable living environment. The development of information technologies that lets us solve many daily and social problems remotely contributes a lot to such a search. Many megacity residents move to the country hoping for a different quality of life. Many opt for cottage settlements in the immediate vicinity of their city. On the one hand, this allows them to be close to nature and on the other hand, to stay in touch with their office, relatives and friends, and, more importantly, to remain a part of their familiar community.
However, although living in a country, in the heart of nature and near the city solves many problems, it does not provide an exhaustive answer. Balanced life outside the city requires a high-quality, well-developed infrastructure. This competition is dedicated to the development of such an infrastructure.
Participants are invited to prepare a proposal for the design and the balanced development of the adjacent territory of the cottage settlement. This territory is to provide the residents with a balanced, comfortable environment and to become the center of attraction, increase the uniqueness factor, recognizability and investment attractiveness of the cottage settlement, becoming its calling card.
The concept requires such a symbiosis of infrastructure facilities (a place of leisure, entertainment, essential facilities) and wildlife that would harmoniously fit into the village itself. Thus, on the one hand, it is necessary to achieve compliance with the standard of living which inhabitants of modern cities are accustomed to and, on the other hand, emphasize all the advantages that countryside life offers.
The Competition Organizer’s comment:
“We encourage the participants not to limit their imagination, but to rely on their personal and global experience in architecture, urban planning and landscaping. Nevertheless, here are several points, which, if observed, will be positively assessed when evaluating and identifying the winners.
- The first advantage of the project will be the concept preserving green spaces, clean air, and providing for an ecosystem. Forests and trees absorb nearly 40% of harmful emissions, and even a single tree is able to bring significant benefits to residents, improve the state of health and the quality of life. We want to contribute to the solution to the global environmental problem for the residents of the settlement.
- Another advantage will be the development of a unique and unusual solution that will increase the investment attractiveness of the settlement and make it stand out from the rest. The project should give clear and positive answer the client’s question: “Why this place?”
- The third advantage will be efficient and rational logistics, ensuring functioning of different target audiences. A guest visits the settlement for the first time, a client who decided to return, a permanent resident, a person from the service sector require different scenarios that should be factored in in the course of designing; it is necessary to convert all possible processes into positive and beneficial dynamics.”
Papushevo Park is a beautiful premium-class location. The settlement with more than 300 plots is located at the 24th km of the Rublevo-Uspenskoe highway in Moscow Oblast.
Total area of the settlement: 58 hectares.
Development area: 3.7 hectares. The landscape of the developed area is flat, with no strong elevation alterations.
FUNCTIONAL PURPOSE OF THE DEVELOPED AREA
The developed territory with an area of 3.7 ha, is located at the entrance to the settlement. The following infrastructure objects need to be placed there:
- Entrance ensemble
- Area with an art object/fountain/pond or other dominant – a point of attraction
- Park area
- Essential facilities (shop, bakery, etc.)
- Parking lot (50 parking spaces)
- Children’s educational facility for 100-120 children (includes sports and educational sections, a playground)
- Building of the Management Company, 2 floors (lounge area on the 1st floor, Management Company employees on the 2nd floor, each floor is about 100 m2)
- Fitness, sauna, spa (at the author’s discretion)
- Restaurant/café (at the author’s discretion)
- There is no objective to adjust the concept to the architecture of the cottage settlement.
- The approximate zoning is shown on the plan-scheme of the territory being developed. At the same time, you can offer your own version of zoning these areas of the territory, in particular, the sites may have a combined function.
- The project of the participant who took 1st place shall be taken into further development for subsequent implementation according to the decision of the Organizer.
website | architime.ru