Making systematic product design for three types of home living spaces: bedroom, living room and study.
Register: AUG/03/2021, Submit: AUG/03/2021, Eligibility: Practitioners, students and enthusiasts of any design and art related disciplines; individually, teams up to 3 members, Fee: Free, Awards: Champion: 60,000 CNY (Chinese Yuan Renminbi) (approx. 9,410 USD), Top 3 (2 winners): 20,000 CNY (approx. 3,137 USD) each, prizes pre-tax, Top 30 (27 winners), Shortlists
raumplus Space PLUS is an international competition IP jointly created by European high-end home furnishing brand raumplus and international design competition platform Young Bird Plan. “raumplus Space PLUS” aims to add design, function and other details to the family space, thus paying tribute to life; this competition will collect systematic furniture design works from the whole industry and the whole society. The focus is on the application of products in the space, which can rejuvenate the infinite possibilities of each living space and enhance the sense of life happiness.
The competition is jointly initiated by the European high-end home customization brand raumplus and the international design competition platform Young Bird Plan. By making systematic product design for three types of home living spaces (bedroom, living room, study), the competition aims to break the inherent lifestyle, add highlights to daily life, and enrich the furniture product system, so as to activate various spaces in the family, create more life possibilities, and enhance happiness in ordinary life, simultaneously passing the brand core concept – “Make Life Exciting”
In the past, we’ve been immersed in catching up with the “fast era”, regardless of whether it is really suitable for us, and our lives are full of products of “fast food culture”. However, since last year, we have been forced to press the pause button. During the slowdown, people begin to rethink what is really needed. According to the survey, 90% of families think their home space is not satisfactory, because home and family space are no longer just shelters from wind and rain. We hope there’ll be more beautiful memories and wonderful life moments in the limited home space.
White-collar worker (male), 35 years old / living alone. Before the epidemic, his normal route at home was from living room to dining room to bedroom; after the epidemic started, he spent more time in the bedroom, this is the main place for he to brainstorm with colleagues and also the main battle field to play online games with friends… The interior furniture style is not to be stereotyped, but shows the unique personality and recognition of the room owner under the premise of comfort.
Writer (female), 31 years old / living with parents. Before the epidemic, she spent 1/3 of the time in the study every day; after the epidemic started, only 1/3 of the time was spent in spaces other than the study. For her, the study room is the most frequently-used place in the family, so this space must be comfortable and free, and all the common objects needed by the creator must be within reach to grasp the fleeting creative inspiration.
Family of three: host, 48 years old, company executive; hostess, 40 years old, housewife; daughter, 8 years old. Before the epidemic, each of them has his / her own place in the house; after the epidemic started, the living room became the family center – it is a children’s playground, a small place for gatherings of families and friends, and a museum of private collections… The house is no longer a physical space enclosed on all sides, but a gathering place for family stories.
- Private space for sleeping and resting / Sooth and delight oneself
- Product suite composition: (bed), bedside cabinet, dresser, wall cabinet, wardrobe, cloakroom, bed background
- Note: Allowing a choice between the cloakroom and the wardrobe; the dresser can be independent or combined with the cloakroom as a whole; the bed is optional.
- Focus on the storage function of clothes
- A family space for gathering and sharing, comfortable and self-releasing
- Product suite composition: TV wall, (sofa, coffee table), side cabinet, wine cabinet, cigar cabinet, entrance cabinet, sofa background
- Note: Allowing a choice between the wine cabinet and the cigar cabinet, or they can be combined into one. The sofa and the coffee table are optional.
- Enjoy the solitary space for thinking / Relax and return to oneself
- Product suite composition: bookcase, desk, hobby collection cabinet, (study chair)
- Note: The hobby collection cabinet (redwine, cigar, tea set, various art collections, etc.) can be themed by yourself. The study chair is optional.
- Each entrant participates in the design of at least one of the above 3 spaces. The products in each space are fixed options and cannot be selected or omitted.
- Up to 2 entries can be submitted for each space.
- In each space, furniture can be designed according to the provided apartment type reference, both customized and finished products are available, or you can design by your own style.
raumplus is a Germany brand, inheriting German precision manufacturing and simple aesthetics, following the simple and practical Bauhaus design concept in home design, advocating the minimalist style of “less is more”.
The minimalist lifestyle advocated by the brand is not to pursue visual impact and gain people’s attention, but to emphasize the life attitude and life needs of the space owner, to attach importance on the comfort of self-living and respect the inner demands of users. Blindly relying on expanding space and purchasing more furniture is not the best solution. Therefore, we began to consider the application of furniture in various spaces and develop systematic furniture that could not only meet the functional needs of life, but also produce a sense of happiness in life.
website | designverse.com.cn