Register: FEB/28/2019, Submit: MAR/01/2019, Eligibility: Architecture, landscape, planning or design students, designers, architects, professionals, thinkers; individually, teams up to 5 members, Fee: 35 USD (NOV/10 – NOV/30/2018), 45 USD (DEC/01 – DEC/31/2018), 55 USD (JAN/01 – JAN/31/2019), 65 USD (FEB/01 – FEB/28/2019), Awards: 1st Prize 500 USD, 2nd Prize 300 USD, 3rd Prize 200 USD, 10 Honorable Mentions
House in Forest is pleased to announce its 5th annual international design competition: House in Forest 2019 – Tiny House. The competition is designed to challenge and seek the creation of a tiny house with ideas and concepts in architectural design, as well as landscape design and site planning. The aim of this competition is to promote our ideas of protecting the forest and its environment, as well as focusing on urban design problems, while simultaneously raising awareness of the sustainability.
- The project area is defined as a ‘forest area’.
- Your designed tiny house has to be no more than 2 floors with a total amount of 30 m2 (320 sq.ft) site plan, and has to feature four basic components: living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
- The competition seeks the creation of a tiny house for one or two people to live comfortably with ideas and concepts in architectural design with site planning.
- Provided the site is located in a forest, possible solutions about plumbing and electricity should be figured out.
- Entrants are challenged to conceive a new and original concept for tiny house, however not strictly limited to the style of ‘residence’. A degree of flexibility and alternative choices are allowed, for example ‘portable cabin’ or ‘transportable home’, provided it is backed up with adequate justification.
- There is not any specific site location for this competition, as it mainly collects ideas and concepts and aims to create an exemplary prototype for all the new houses to follow. Applicant shall choose a fictional location for their conceptual idea and proceed a design work.
- The design philosophy should be affordable, practical, convenient, efficient and easy to construct. The house plan should not be in relatively large scale. It’s optional to design a temporary structure or permanent building.
- The topography and landforms can be also customized. Entrants might add river, lake, stones, animals or any other elements that probably support your theme. Please note that your designed house will be produced in forest that when put together on site, reflects your identical design intent and specifications of the most sophisticated facility.