Register: NOV/15/2018, Submit: DEC/27/2018, Eligibility: Professionals (offices, designers) and students (undergraduates, graduates) in the field urban planning, architectural design, landscape design; individually, teams up to 3 members, Fee: Free, Awards: Professionals – 1st Prize: 100,000 CNY (Chinese Yuan Renminbi) (about 14,530 USD), 2nd Prize (2 entries): 50,000 CNY (about 7,265 USD) each, 3rd Prize (3 entries): 30,000 CNY (about 4,360 USD) each; students – 1st Prize: 50,000 CNY (about 7,265 USD), 2nd Prize (2 entries): 30,000 CNY (about 4,360 USD) each, 3rd Prize (3 entries): 10,000 CNY (about 1,455 USD) each; tax included
The theme comes from the Committee’s concerns about the urban living conditions of the youth. Being in an era of hard struggle, two hundred and eighty million youngsters in China are fighting for their future. Yet, the unaffordable housing price which has risen to RMB ten millions with million-high down payment had forced them become “Generation Rent” who feel difficult to earn a house. Dream on the road encounters a big barrier that is, housing. Being in an era of quality living, how can design help young dream-chasers? How can design make breakthroughs concerning livelihood and housing?
To answer the questions is the responsibility of the construction industry.
The 2018 C-Design International Architectural Design Competition, feels with the era and is born in the times. With the theme of “Dream Apartment”, it sends invitations to outstanding young designers around the world to create future residential products and bring these to the CAPOL Dongguan Construction and Technology Industrial Park, offering construction samples for future cities.
In the Competition, we intend to explore a new housing model: It can be used for future homes and for the scattered old city districts reconstruction.
It should be standardized to a certain degree and be adaptable to diverse individual requirements; and even can be built quickly through technological means.
If you also have such brilliant ideas; If you also want to participate in the birth of the future buildings; Join us, let’s design for the youth and make things different!
The theme for the Competition is “Dream Apartment”, and young designers and students from construction colleges around the world are invited to envision and build the future apartment housing models.
The models should be standardized, modularized and be green and eco-friendly. We encourage the use of fabricated design concepts and technologies.
The participants are free to choose their residents through whose lives they can study the lifestyles systematically, then explore the new housing model adapting to the future and the model can be manifested in space and technology.
Considering three types of housing products that are suited respectively to future singles, doubles and families of three:
- Apartment 18-24 m2 for 1 person, single room
- Apartment 18-24 m2 for 2 persons, double room
- Apartment 36-48 m2 for couple with a child, 2 bedrooms & 1 living room
1. The size of the one-bed room should be equal to the two-bed room; The suite should combine one-bed room or two-beds room. Balcony is not requisite but depends on the situation;
2. Focus on thinking about the ideal life and to create a typical apartment product through reasonable interior design;
3. It is necessary to consider combining different apartment products to create an interesting and flexible space or typologies;
4. Considering the design of the shared space in full to meet the living matched needs and creating as many and varied exchange spaces as possible to render the life convenient;
5. The facade should highlight the temperament and image of the youth; it should not be boring and stereotyped;
6. New era continues to outpour new technologies. Try your best to consider energy-saving, green and ecological technologies in your design;
7. Boldly exploring new materials and new structures or thinking again about the traditional materials and construction practices to showcase the beauty of the materials and structural order at their best.
INDICATORS AND FUNCTIONS
- The building GFA is about 20,000 m2, and the design deviation should be controlled within 10%;
- The ground floor area and typical floor area are not confined. The floor efficiency >70%;
- The building height ≤100 m, the storey height can be decided between 2.9~3.9 m;
- The unit area ratio can be decided by participants based on the principle of innovation.
No site is specified in the Competition, and participants can choose anywhere that suits his/her design.