Register: DEC/15/2018, Submit: JAN/15/2019, Eligibility: Students, professionals; teams with least 3 members, of which at least one registered professional; students may seek the guidance of a professor, Fee: Each team member must buy AA+DF ticket instead of a registration fee. Student ticket: early bird 1,000 PHP (Philippine piso) (about 16 USD), standard 1,500 PHP (about 24 USD); professional ticket: early bird 3,000 PHP (about 48 USD), standard 4,500 PHP (about 71 USD), Awards: Grand Prize: 150,000 PHP (about 2,770 USD) + cooperation on the realization of the project; 1st Runner-up: 30,000 PHP (about 555 USD)
Owing to a thriving national economy and its strategic location at the periphery of Metro Manila, Silang is now realizing its potential in becoming a catalyst for economic growth for agricultural and eco-tourism. Its vast land area is suitable for agriculture and real estate to high-end leisure development and private farming enclaves, making Silang ripe for new development. Alongside Anthology Architecture and Design Festival (Manila, Philippines) Lotus Central Mall Inc. invites you to design an Events Pavilion to host your life milestones within a ten-hectare property. The Events Pavilion aims to attract a pool of guests seeking a venue to hold events and conferences or celebrate weddings and corporate parties at a site conveniently situated a stone throw away from the urban densities of the metro.
As the pavilion will occupy only a portion of the site, participants are invited to create a site development proposal for other potential land uses that complement the events pavilion. The master plan of the property may include the likes of overnight stay villas or vacation rooms for rent, a chapel, a farm-to-table restaurant, a lake for recreational activities, a wellness spa and a souvenir shop are only some examples – these will be determined based on the design direction put forward by the participants.
- Design an iconic, but economically feasible events pavilion and chapel to accommodate the requirements outlined below.
- Identify possible land uses on the subject property, considering the suitability and compatibility of the proposed development with the surrounding environs.
- Propose an implementable master plan for the 10-hectare development that integrates the identity of Cavite and provides economic opportunity for its surrounding neighborhood.
- Must accommodate a main hall to host 500 people in an indoor and enclosed banquet-seating format that may be extended outdoors to hold up to 1000 people.
- The main hall must have the ability to be sectioned off into subdivided rooms to accommodate 100 pax, 150 pax, 250 pax and 350 pax for smaller banquets.
- There must be a receiving hall and breakout space, a reception desk, common toilets, control rooms, holding areas with adequate circulation.
Back of House Services
- Preparation Kitchen
- Administrative Office
- Security Office
- Material Recovery Facilities
- Staff Quarters
The overall site development may include the following components:
- Commercial Development
- Team Building Facilities
- Agricultural and Farming Centers
- Farm-to-table and Agro-commerce Establishments
- Parks, Recreation, and Public Spaces
- Medical, Retirement, and Rehabilitation Facilities
- Hospitality and Accommodation
The spaces are optional and suggested, participants are welcome to determine the additional spaces as one sees fit.