Register: OCT/15/2018, Submit: OCT/15/2018, Eligibility: Architecture students, young architects that have graduated within the last 3 years; individually, teams, Fee: 15 EUR (DEC/03/2017 – JAN/09/2018), 30 EUR (JAN/10 – JUN/29/2018), 60 EUR (JUN/30 – OCT/15/2018); special registration period will be announced on the website and social media, Awards: 1st Prize 3,000 EUR, 2nd Prize 2,000 EUR, 3rd Prize 1,000 EUR, 10 Honorable Mentions, 30 Finalists
The IS ARCH Awards are international awards targeting students of architecture. Our aim is to provide a platform for debate surrounding the architecture solutions that students contribute within the framework of their university studies. The competition aims to boost avant-garde trends and to recognize new research that emerges from universities. It also provides students’ work with an opportunity for international projection that extends beyond the traditional relationship between students and their lecturers. The IS ARCH Awards require an insight and collaboration between the various teaching and learning methodologies for architecture adopted by participating universities. This cooperation creates a favourable environment for open reflection and comment, which is crucial in order to move forward and progress in architectural knowledge and know-how. A further objective of the IS ARCH Awards is to encourage young people to join the debate on architecture, contributing with their unique vision and opinions. The philosophy behind the IS ARCH Awards is to support the creativity of young and emerging talent and to boost debate between the various students that take part in this initiative.
An expert panel of judges, will provide 80% of the final score. The general public may also assess the entries by voting on the IS ARCH website and their opinions shall make up the remaining 20% of the score.