Register: NOV/03/2017, Submit: JAN/04/2018, Eligibility: Architects, designers, students; individually, teams up to 5 members, Fee: Free, Awards: 1st Place 1,000 EUR, 2nd Place 500 EUR, 3rd Place 250 EUR
Last year we worked hard to give you something interesting to participate in. Today is the fourth time we are starting our International competition, we never expected to go so far with our project for architects, but we are so happy that this project is going strong and well! This year our task will give a real workout for your brains and creativity, as we ask you to design a Tiny House, which has to be no bigger than 25 sq.m (269 sq.ft). The only available outside communication is electricity, meaning that drinking water for example or black water has to come and go somewhere and do no harm to environment. So composting toilet is your friend! Worth to mention our Tiny House is transportable by truck and is not based on trailer style Tiny Houses.
- Competitor has to design a tiny house project featuring essential areas for comfortable living for two people for 2-3 weeks during their holiday.
- Competitor is required to present only core module to be considered as successful candidate for final prize, expansion module is not mandatory, but welcome.
- Core module should feature 4 mandatory areas: kitchen; sanitary; sleeping and living areas, other areas are not mandatory (such as working zone), but are welcome. Expansion module should be treated as addition to the core module and offer only certain area expansion, meaning that kitchen, sanitary areas could not be used in expansion module. This module should not be considered functional without the core module, meaning that all essentials and mandatory areas should remain in core module and this module could only serve as sleeping or living area expansion and should connect to core module with minor adjustments (ideally only by removing single exterior wall to connect those two modules together).
- Tiny house should use only electricity from the main grid, other communications should be based on off-grid design.
- Tiny house footprint should not exceed 25 square meters (269 sq.ft) for core module and 50 square meters for core + expansion module
- Tiny house should be usable all year round (in Eastern Europe geographical location)
- Tiny house can be expanded in both directions – vertically or horizontally.
- Tiny house has to be designed to be constructed from wooden panel walls with insulating materials and wooden loadbearing frame, only bottom part of the module will feature metal construction.
- Dimensions of one modular unit should not exceed 8450 mm (L) x 2950 mm (W) x 3100 mm (H)
- Each module has to be designed to be transportable (Tiny House should not be designed with trailer wheels for moving), meaning that crane lifting points for the module has to be implemented into the design.