Register: 07/15/2017, Submit: 08/30/2017, Eligibility: Professionals, graduated architects, town-planners, restorers, designers of the architectural environment; individually, teams, Fee: 5,000 RUB (Russian ruble) (about 80 EUR), Awards: 1st Prize 300,000 RUB (about 4,740 EUR), 2nd Prize 200,000 RUB (about 3,160 EUR), 2 x 3rd Prize 100,000 RUB (about 1,580 EUR) each
In modern conditions of the economic, urban and environmental challenges the aim of the Competition is the development of innovative ideas for reorganization and reclamation of the city bank spaces (Nizhny Novgorod, Russia) including the solution of a whole number of particular tasks. Among them are the following objects:
- modern ecological, town-planning, architectural and designing development of the riverside territory at the confluence of the Volga and Oka rivers;
- creation of the full-fledged public cultural, sports and recreational environment;
- drawing attention of governmental, municipal and public institutions to the development prospects of the Nizhny Novgorod Spit territory;
- all possible development of water tourism and creation of its infrastructure;
- promotion of the active life-style;
- promotion of innovative technologies in process of the riverside territories development;
- drawing attention of investors, planners, designers, building companies and producers of materials, goods and technologies to the prospects and new ideas for the riverside spaces development.
In light of these tasks, the problems of leisure and entertainment in the vicinity of the coastal lines are the most acute and topical, because the riverside areas are the major and irreplaceable value of the city, its residents, tourists and business people.
The Competition is organized in order to get in Nizhny Novgorod, on the territory limited by the Samarkandskaya and Betancourt Streets and the Volga and Oka rivers embankments, some conceptual town-planning proposals for creating a city recreation center with a developed recreational component and filled with social, cultural and sports functions by means of an equitable creative contest.
The main task formulated for the Competition participants is to suggest a conceptual solution demonstrating a contemporary approach to the complex development of the introduced site and to transformation of the former storehouse and public utilities areas of the Nizhny Novgorod spit into the new spaces with elements of public, tourist, and recreational infrastructure integrated into the context of the already existing historical and cultural environment of the city.
The Competitors must offer a town-planning composition, functional zoning and principles of territory improvement intended for active public use and recreation. It is necessary to suggest an approximate nomenclature of buildings, which are supposed to be located in this territory, their functionality, to provide for an easy access to technical services and their maintenance, as well as to envisage a necessary number of parking spaces for both: motor cars and tourist buses.