Register: OCT/15/2017, Submit: OCT/31/2017, Eligibility: Students – B.Arch, B.Plan, interior design, product or other design, animation courses; individually, teams up to 3 members, Fee: Indian students – individually 600 INR (Indian rupee), teams 1,500 INR; International students – individually 25 USD, teams 50 USD (APR/01 – OCT/15/2017), Awards: In each category (together 1st & 2nd year) and (together 3rd, 4th & 5th year) – 1st Prize 30,000 INR (about 470 USD), 2nd Prize 17,500 INR (about 270 USD), 3rd Prize 5,000 INR (about 80 USD), 5 Honorable Mentions
We are a group of students and professionals from various fields of art and design who believe that our classrooms and studios can be spiced up a little to make them more interesting. We are concerned about the current generation of students of fine arts and design who end up suppressing their creative talent and talent in the race for marks and jobs. We want to give you a free space to manifest your creativity without any fear or inhibition and let your imagination fly. We want to promote the idea of freedom of expression and thought in art and design. We want you to discover your real potential!
We have observed that the quality of output has taken a nose dive in almost all the creative fields, be it architecture, design, writing or film making. The culture of ‘copy-paste’ is at an all time high. Our aim is to pump originality, imagination and creativity back into the system by encouraging the next generation of artists and designers to think freely and originally and experience the real thrill and fun involved in a creative process.
DESIGN PROJECT – 1ST & 2ND YEAR
Design an Art Gallery for an Artist community. The Gallery must be big enough for seven artist to display their work. You have the complete freedom to design the gallery on land, floating in the air, floating on water or even under water.
- The gallery must have seven sections of at least 30 running meter each for each artist.
- The gallery must have an orientation area with a screen for an audio-visual presentation. The orientation area must be able to accommodate at least 30 people.
- The design of the exhibition should be accessible, attractive, inviting, and should be exciting in physical, philosophical and intellectual terms.
- There should be an open air theatre (with a capacity of 200 people) next to the gallery for live performances.
- The design and the form of the art gallery must have a strong concept and a meaning. The visual and spatial forms should spring from an original idea and concept of your own.
- The design that you submit is original and your own.
DESIGN PROJECT – 3RD, 4TH & 5TH YEAR
Design a community for Artists where they make and display their works and conduct workshops. The activities the artists indulge in are painting, display, conferences, workshops and cultural performance spaces. We want you to have full freedom and design with your wildest imagination without any restriction.
The community has:
- 7 cottages (one for each artist, which includes a living area and studio)
- 1 Art Gallery
- 1 Auditorium
- 1 Library
- 1 Media Center
- 1 Clinic
- 1 Conference/Meeting hall
- Open Interactive Spaces (as many as possible)
- 1 OAT
- Basic Utilities (laundry etc.)
- Dining Hall + Kitchen
- Swimming Pool
We don’t have any issues if you think any other area needs to be added to this creative hub!
- Your design should be accessible, attractive, inviting, and must be exciting in physical, philosophical and intellectual terms.
- Your design must have a strong concept and meaning. The visual and spatial forms should spring from an original idea and concept of your own.
- Your design must be original.
You are free to choose any site on your own!
- The total site area should not be more than 10 acres (40,475 m2).
- The site must catch exciting, scenic views from at least two sides and is set in an interesting natural context.
All entries would be marked keeping the following points:
- Originality, imagination and unconventional design.
- Design process and evolution of design.
- Marking would be split as – 70% for the idea, 20% for presentation and 10% for write up.