The goal is to solve problems related to architecture or urbanism for the underprivileged, deprived or the oppressed and vulnerable populations.
Register: APR/30/2021, Submit: APR/30/2021, Eligibility: ASF members, non ASF members, students and professionals from all the disciplines of design; individually, teams, Fee: Free, Awards: Winner: 2,000 EUR + Certificate of Achievements, 2nd & 3rd Prize: Certificate of Achievements
ASF Awards is organized by Architecture Sans Frontières International (ASF Int) and was founded in the purpose of sharing the most efficient solutions developed by architects globally to the many social, environmental and economic challenges facing the built environment. The goal of the award is to promote those solutions among the design profession and the general public, which will encourage an exchange of ideas and challenge the profession to develop the construction of social facilities and infrastructure.
TYPE AND SCOPE OF ENTRIES
- The competition is open for all type of entries, both completed and ongoing projects.
- The scope of entries: Designed Built environments, Design Interventions, Participatory Workshops, Educational Initiatives, Social and Cultural Upliftment, Economic Proposals realised after the year 2018.
- The type of projects can range from small scale to a larger urban context varying from architectural projects, urban planning and design interventions, environmental and landscape architecture, Industrial design, educational, cultural, economic interventions, projects with relevance of social participation process etc.
GENERAL FRAMEWORK OF CONTENT
It is important to take in account in such a competition the non-homogenous character of the projects and the different situations (in terms of economy, ecology and society) that they take place. Nevertheless the goal of all the projects is the same; to provide solutions in problems related to architecture or urbanism for the underprivileged, deprived or the oppressed, vulnerable populations. It is obligatory then to set some criteria that could make the comparison of the projects possible, but also to offer a means to measure the proximity of the projects to the goal. Based on this the entries should highlight the following aspects:
- Vision of the project (impact of the project)
- Clarity in expressing the core idea of the project.
- Results or outputs of the project through visuals.
website | asfint.org |