Register: SEP/09/2019, Submit: SEP/09/2019, Eligibility: Designers, creative talents, Fee: Free, Awards: Winner: 5,000 EUR; extra chance to all participants – 2 licenses for the economic exploitation of the projects who are not the winning proposals: 3,000 EUR & 5,000 EUR
MetaFin and Desall invite you to propose a new concept for a green recreational area that is due to be built in the near future, conceived as an aggregation space for families, a playground for children, an area dedicated to sports, culture, associative activities and events. The area assigned for the project is located within the municipality of Marcon, in the Venice province (Italy) and extends over an area of about 20,000 m2, part of which will be reserved for the parking lot. The area will be open throughout the year. In addition to performing the main function of a recreational and aggregation area for families and children, it will also host events, exhibitions, shows that will take place in the amphitheater and in other dedicated spaces, also in the evening. For the purpose, the area will also have some spaces clear of any installation or structure, to allow new structural works in the future aimed at the organisation of events or exhibitions.
Elements to include in the area
You are invited to propose where to place some furnishing elements and recreational structures, preferably choosing from products already available on the market, including furnishing items and other structures suitable for outdoor use. In particular, you are required to include:
Furnishing items and recreational structures
- 15 tables 10-15 m long, to accommodate up to 30 people each, equipped with a reasonable number of electric plugs and possibly charging stations for electronic devices
- 15 barbecues of medium-large size, each placed at the head of each table, for shared use
- 40 swings, all gathered in the same area and possibly lined up
- 3 regular-size futsal fields (Five-a-side football), with minimum length of 25 m and minimum width of 15 m
- 1 regular-size half-basket field, 14 m long and 15 m wide
- 1 anti-shock rubber mat, measuring 20 x 20 m, with water sprinkles from below and possibly equipped for light games too
- 3 in-ground trampolines, of 10-12 m2
- 5 ropeways 15-20 m long, disseminated across the area, with a maximum height from the ground for the user of 1 m
- 1 open slide (optional), 15-20 m long, equipped with an access ladder
- 1 skate park (optional), small size
At your discretion you may also propose other elements not included in the list to install inside the area, with the aim of making it as welcoming and functional as possible.
- Park entrance, with ticket booths, entrance/exit turnstiles and LED screen for communications, placed in the east side of the area
- 1 half-moon shaped amphitheater, with front stage for shows measuring 15 x 10 m and a capacity of 300 seats. The amphitheater shall be placed in such a way that the seats are not visible from the entrance, creating a hill with its back side
- 3 WC areas, each with at least 20 bathrooms, sinks, water catchments
- 8-10 prefabricated wooden structures, of about 100 m2 each, built on a single storey and gathered in the same area. These structures will be destined to hosting sports, associative activities, events, birthday parties, etc. in addition to some small commercial businesses (bar, hairdresser, nails maker, etc.).
- The entire area will be fenced
- Wherever needed for your project, specify the end points for electric plugs, lighting or water catchments
- Include walkways and other furnishing or functional elements (lighting, bins, benches, etc.)
In addition to including the elements described above, make sure that some areas remain clear of any structure or installation, so that they may be used for special events, temporary shows, exhibitions, or to host future installations, etc.
Trees/vegetation or other concealing elements
In order to make the area even more comfortable and functional, you are required to include various trees, suitable for the typical geographic area, preferring common and local species. In particular, you are required to provide:
- Masking with trees or alternative elements.
- Abundant planting of medium-large sized trees, to offer wide shade on the walkways and resting areas (such areas shall be specified by you in your project concept);
- Planting of vegetation all along the ditch – placed on the south end of the area – with mosquitos and insects-repellent plants.
Style and materials
The area you design shall have an environmentally aware style, inspired by ecological themes that will also result in the use of wood and other natural materials, minimising the use of cement.